Every person in America should have access to quality affordable telecommunications service. This principle of “Universal Service” has been the goal of the telecommunications industry for decades. Brazos Telephone offers a home telephone assistance program referred to as Lifeline. Lifeline helps eligible people establish and maintain telephone service.
Lifeline service is a program designed to make telephone service available at reduced rates to eligible residential customers. An individual is eligible if he or she participates in one of the following programs:
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP),
formerly known as the Food Stamp Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- National School Lunch Program – Free Lunch Program
- Children’s Health Ins. Program (CHIP)
In addition, you may be eligible if your household income is at or below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines or in your household resides a person who receives or has a child who receives benefits from at least one of the above-mentioned programs.
For more information contact Lite-Up Texas toll free at 1.866.454.8387 or Brazos Telephone Cooperative, Inc. or Brazos Telecommunications, Inc. at 1.800.687.3222 or 940.564.5659 or stop by our office located at 109 N. Ave D Olney, TX. 76374.