Cyber Monday deals are hard to resist…especially when it means you can save money, and check items off your shopping list.
Here are just a few tips to remember when shopping online:
- Make sure your home computer’s anti-virus, and malware software are up-to-date before you start shopping.
- Always shop from reputable sites that are encrypted. That means, go directly to the store’s website instead of using a search engine.
- Before entering credit card information look for https: on every page, not just the welcome or home page.
- Beware of social media scams…criminals love to post fake deals.
- Don’t use debit cards when shopping online.
- Never shop using public Wi-Fi, criminals are looking for opportunities. It’s best to do your shopping from a secure connection at home.
If you have any questions, or would like more information about securing your home computers, give us a call at 1.800.687.3222 we are always happy to help.