Many of us have already started our online holiday shopping. With Black Friday, and Cyber Monday deals just around the corner we thought it would be a good idea to review a few tips for safer online shopping.
- Make sure your home computer’s anti-virus software is up-to-date before your start shopping.
- Always shop from reputable sites that are encrypted. Go directly to the store’s website instead of using a search engine.
- Before entering credit card information look for https: on every page, not just the welcome or home pages.
- Beware of social media scams, criminals love to post fake deals.
- Don’t use debit cards when shopping online.
- Never use public Wi-Fi, criminals are looking for opportunities. It’s best to do your shopping from a secure connection at home.
If you have any questions or would like information about securing your computer give us a call at 800.687.3222 we are happy to help.